With the growing interest of Students and Academic Instructors on emerging Technology Internet of Things, The Cloud Power in partnership with Maulik Taranga and Mahoo Nepal organized a day event on the Internet of Things, The Future of Technology.
The event was scheduled for Sep 2015, 2017 at Prime College from 10:00 – 2:00 PM.
Objectives of Event:
- To encourage students to learn and develop solutions to real-time problems.
- Bridging gap between students and industries.
- Gain and Develop knowledge both in Software and Hardware Platform.
We were very happy tosee mass students and Academic Teachers at our monthly community Event for Sep on Internet of Things. Participants were so eager to learn and explore about Windows 10 IOT Core.
We were able to demonstrate how Windows 10 IOT Core work and how Azure IOT HUB could be used with IOT Devices to connect, draw and visualize data received to and forth with devices.
Event Page : https://www.facebook.com/events/1862909310692000/
The event is divided into four Modules.
Module I: Technical Introduction to Internet of Things
Speaker: Edward Basnet (Firmware and Hardware Developer)
Edward Basnet, Firmware developer at Maulik Taranga working on Raspberry Pi and own embedded systems, demonstrated how the Internet of Things connected together can help us in our daily Life. He also talked about how it works, its modules and its real-time Implementation. He shared his experiences of developing real-time solutions ranging from Security Devices to Geo Positioning Real-Time Tracking System.
Module II: Challenges and Opportunities in IoT
Speaker: Ankur Paudel
Ankur Poudel, Business Development Director of Maulik Taranga will be talked about Challenges and Opportunities of IoT in Nepal, its implementation and risk factor in the current context of Nepal. He demonstrated some of the projects made in Nepal like
- Vehicle Notifier used in Mahanagar Yatayat
- Palo(Queuing Simplified using IoT devices)
- Melo (Real Time vehicle Tracking Device)
Module III: Demo and Show Case Hardware Projects developed in Nepal
Speaker: Sachin Jung Karki
Our next Speaker Sachin Jung Karki demonstrated most of the real-time application and devices developed and being used in Nepal as a part of Building Smart City. He was able to draw the attention of the whole mass how each smaller Things can be made data-driven and how data received from them can be used to draw predictions and develop the solution at the real time.
Module IV: Windows 10 IOT Core and Azure IOT Hub
- What is Windows 10 IOT Core?
- Why and benefits of Windows 10 IOT Core over other Linux OS.
- How to write a blinking App using Visual Studio
- Deploy App to Raspberry PI.
- What is Azure IOT Hub and its benefits?
- Connect Windows 10 IOT Core powered Raspberry Po to Azure IOT Hub.